I never planned on sharing a recipe, but this is such a huge hit in our house I have to share. Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner because breakfast is even better when it’s dinnertime. This recipe is so simple and easy to make. A lot of the ingredients or amounts can be adjusted to fit your family’s needs or preferences. I would also like to note that I have a family of 4, so the recipe may need to be adjusted for your family.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (or any other meat you’d like)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (the choice is yours, we use cheddar)
- 6 eggs
- 2 8-count packages of Pillsbury Crescent rolls (regular or butter, your choice)
- 1 package of country gravy mix (2 if you prefer more gravy)
- Salt and pepper (amount is your preference)
- Cook sausage in a frying pan until fully cooked.
- While the sausage is cooking crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add salt and pepper (amount is up to you).
- Once the sausage is fully cooked pour the eggs into the pan with the sausage and scramble until cooked. (It should be all mixed together).
- Open the crescent rolls and lay them out. Gently spread out the wide end.
- Scoop egg and sausage mix onto the crescent rolls in the middle of the wide end.
- Add cheese on top of the mix (the amount is up to you).
- Take the small tip of the crescent roll and tuck it under the middle of the wide end. Then take the sides and fold it up on top (you can close the sides if you choose).
- Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare gravy mix as directed on package.
- Dip in gravy and enjoy.
Sorry I don’t have better pictures. Sharing this recipe was unplanned, but they’re so easy to make and delicious. I hope you enjoy these delicious breakfast dippers as much as we do.